Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Rock f*ck club #5 by Michelle Mankin 5 stars


This is the fifth book in the series. The first two cover Raven’s story. The third and fourth cover Marsha. In this installment we get to know Josephine, or Jo as her friends call her. So much happened in this book, and so much was revealed, I have to be careful not to give out spoilers. I really thought from the start the theme of the book was going to go a different way. Jo seemed really only into the one nighters, and didn’t want to attach herself with a relationship. But you know how it goes, as Jo works through her past and grief, her heart and possibilities open her to things she never felt or thought was possible before. Some very tragic things happen, and you will need a few tissues to work through reading it. With the way the book left off, I am not sure if the next book will follow the path as previous books and still be about Jo. I got the feeling that her story wrapped up, nicely if I might add. There are some things left unknown. Like will there be a sixth book, who it may be. I hope there will be more. If you are just looking at the series, I think you will need to start from book one. You could read this as a standalone, but things would be better if you followed from the start of Rock F*ck  Club with Raven.

No comments:

Post a Comment