Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Some like it plaid by Angela Quarels 4.5 stars


Very interesting. It’s like a rom com version of outlander. Sort of. The few differences are he travels thru time to pick a wife. Oh that was uniquely fun to read. Then he picks a bride from a Craigslist’s ad. Ashley should have read the fine print. That’s what happens when a hunky scot distracts you. I really think Connall was a great character. He had personal growth and was really likable.  Ashley on the other hand didn’t have as much growth until the very last minute. Her character was stuck on pasts grievances and her own self pitying. She wanted second century‘s beliefs  and customs to fit her twenty first century thinking. I think more of a give and take was necessary. Once I was a few chapters in, the book flew by. It was over before I was ready. I do hope there is more to this series. This is the first thing I’ve read from this author, but I plan to check if she has more out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment